Sunday is a time to sit, watch football, and reflect on the prior week. Of course, there is very little football watching this Sunday due to such a busy week of finals next week. While I study, I have the awful habit of scouring the internet for any brief moment of entertainment. Here are a few of the more entertaining findings, along with observations I have kept throughout the week:
- Fantasy football is perhaps the best marketing decision the NFL could ever make. Even when games have no long-term implications or the game is a blowout, people that are members of fantasy leagues will keep watching in order to root for the players on their team. I am a sucker, so I am in several fantasy leagues. This being said, I am having an immense amount of trouble being away from the violence that I tend to enjoy every weekend.
- I am a fan of M.C. Escher and I am a fan of Legos, so I am doubly a fan of this picture:
- I recently made the website 1000 Awesome Things my browser’s homepage. Every weekday, they post a different thing that people universally appreciate. It is nice to wake up every morning and smile, knowing that I like the same awesome things as somebody else out there.
- Flannel is soooo 90’s, but soooo comfortable. Therefore, it is timeless.
- I have been cooking an awful lot lately. A few recipes that I have used recently:
Emeril’s Brined Turkey – my favorite
- An oldie but a goodie:
- this guy is really good at skateboarding